Posted on December 5, 2015
As many of you probably already know, Ryu ga Gotoku Zero is getting an English release! So, what does this mean for this site? I won't be continuing the text walkthrough - It's a lot of work and takes a lot of time and since it's coming out in English there's not really any need for a detailed translation guide like what I'm doing.
However, don't worry - I will NOT be taking any of the content down like I did when Yakuza 5 was announced. An online guide is a different situation to subtitled videos from the game, after all.
So, my plans now are to concentrate on the Kurohyou PSP translation patch I'm working on. If you're not aware of it, find the project page here - Kurohyou Translation Patch - We have made good progress so far, but haven't actually done anything for a few months now (we've been busy with other things - for example, I've been busy with the Zero guide).
I'd also like to get back to doing the Kenzan substories because I just sort of abandoned it a while back and I'd really love to get that finished, so alongside the Kurohyou PSP translation, I'll be looking at the Kenzan substories for my KHHsubs youtube channel (which needs a bit of dusting off - haven't uploaded anything for some time).
When the Kurohyou translation is complete, I'll be looking into doing a full Ishin translation like I did with Kenzan.
Other possible projects (depending on the time I have) include:
- Ryu ga Gotoku Theatre show (which is awesome, by the way)
- Kurohyou TV Drama (I did actually look at this a LOOOONG time ago, but I ended up putting it aside to focus on other projects)
Kurohyou 2 Translation may be a possibility, but it depends on the rest of the team that is working on the Kurohyou 1 translation patch - if they're up for it after we're done with the first game, then I'll be up for doing that game too.
Now for the things I won't be doing:
- I will not be doing any coverage for Kiwami. I realise there's a load of new or extended scenes here, but it's basically just an improved version of the same old game, so I don't see much point in concentrating on this.
- Ryu ga Gotoku 6. I'm not even going to bother looking at this game, to be honest, because it would seem SEGA (or at least Sony Third Party Production) has sorted their shit and there's a very good chance that 6 will end up finding its way to the west. That works for me though, because I can concentrate on this other stuff (my "backlog" of Ryu ga Gotoku stuff) like Ishin full translation, or I could finally get on with the Kurohyou TV Drama, etc.
So, to summarise:
- I will not be continuing my Zero guide.
- I will concentrate on the Kurohyou PSP Translation Patch
- I will be looking into doing more Kenzan substories for my youtube channel
- I will probably get started on the Ishin translation after I am done with the Kurohyou patch
- I won't be doing any Kiwami or RGG6
Sorry for the long entry, but I just wanted to make everything clear!
Posted on September 18, 2015
Reached a milestone with the Ryu ga Gotoku Zero guide - All Substories are complete and all the Nightlife Island and Money Island stories are complete. Just need to finish Majima's training section and then it's time to work on the main story!
Posted on March 29, 2015
I'm pleased to reveal I have decided to cover Ryu ga Gotoku Zero in the same way I did Ishin. Though I highly doubt my Zero guide will ever have the detail that Ishin has (for example, pictures of every item and w/e, or weapons). So, I'm focusing on fewer, more important things instead - like the story, substories, abilities and such.
Important to point out that I don't expect to have anything for main story or substories until a later date...
Also, I will come out and say it right now: I'm not even 100% convinced I will be able to finish this guide (the reason I was hesitant to do it at all), but I figure some coverage is better than none... and who knows - maybe I'll be able to get through it faster than I expect?
In other words, don't buy the game now thinking you'll be able to play along as I update it (unless you are extremely patient and are in no rush to complete it). If you're planning on following a guide, it's probably a better idea to wait and see how things play out first...
The last thing I want is people moaning at me because I'm not updating fast enough...
Anyway, here's the link to the project page - link
Posted on March 9, 2015
Just done a big update to the weapons, armour and symbols pages. I now have details of every weapon/armour/symbol in the game, but there are still a few pictures missing because I don't have them yet. I'll add them when I get them, but won't bother posting an update about it.
I believe that officially marks the Ishin guide as complete. Besides those missing pictures I mentioned, all that is incomplete is the Soldier Card section and, to be honest, I'm convinced it's impossible to collect all 380 cards. But I will update the soldier card page whenever I get new cards and, again, there's no need to write up an update for it.
Posted on March 8, 2015
Just put up videos for the Ultimate Battles mode.
I've also done a massive update for the Soldier Card section, adding all the cards I have collected since my last update. Now I have 274 of the soldier cards on there... Just 106 left to collect...